Facade script of the Bank of Estonia
The quarter of the Bank of Estonia includes several buildings constructed in different periods. The main building was designed by Herbert Johanson, Eugen Habermann and Ferdinand Adoff in 1935. Its grey terrasite plastered facade has relief script EESTI PANK in sans serif font above the entrance. The front door designed according to the style of representative traditionalism is framed with ornament belt consisting of semicircles. The second oldest part of the complex is located towards the city centre from the grey building – the main office of Tallinn branch of the National Bank of Russia (Alexander Yaron, 1909). The most flamboyant building in the complex is the building of the Credit Bank of Estonian Nobility, constructed of red bricks, with a tower and crenelated frieze, the architect of which is August Reinberg. The building completed in 1904 has rich design. The coat of arms of the Estonian Knighthood with three lions is located above the entrance, while coats of arms of the cities of Tallinn, Haapsalu, Paldiski, Rakvere and Paide are displayed on the tower. When stepping into the tower, one can see walls with decorative paintings and a colourful stained glass window, the author of which is Emil Tode from Riga. If the visitor has enough time, the tour could be continued in the museum of the bank located in the same building.